[Sugar-devel] [Marketing] Fwd: GSoC 2016 Website Redesign

Dave Crossland dave at lab6.com
Tue Apr 19 15:31:12 EDT 2016

On 19 April 2016 at 15:01, Sanchit Bansal <sanchit.bansal_ug18 at ashoka.edu.in
> wrote:

> How do you guys like the slider to the show the three main images of the
> website or I should do something else ?
>
> What do you think ?

If the images are in a scrolling page that is simple - like today - or
fading in, like https://www.withcoach.com - or in a slide JS, like
https://github.com/impress/impress.js/wiki/Examples-and-demos - is a
secondary question.

For me, the primary questions are, what is the visual styleguide that can
be applied to all 3 above options and many more situations, and what is the
content that the style guide is applied to?

That content exists outside of the visual design; and the visual design
exists outside of the content.

The content can be planned by mapping a conversion funnel with stage goals
into a coherent structure of pages expressed in an "information
architecture" site map diagram.

https://www.google.com/search?q=conversion+funnel&tbm=isch

https://www.google.com/search?q=information+architecture+web+design&tbm=isch

The styleguide shows patterns of color, type, and so on.

https://www.google.com/search?q=style+guide+examples&tbm=isch