[Sugar-devel] Sugar-Server enhancement

Manash Raja mpdmanash at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 06:15:03 EDT 2016

Hi James,

The feature will ensure that ds-backup will work. Here is how:

ds backup runs rsync over ssh using this command
* /usr/bin/ssh -o "PasswordAuthentication no" -o "StrictHostKeyChecking no"
-i ~/.sugar/default/owner.key -l <serial> <server_address>*
I found this from the source code of ds-backup you provided (ds-backup.py)
http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/quozl/ds-backup/

It ignores known_hosts file using "StrictHostKeyChecking no", and use
private/public key instead. So, we just have to ensure that it gets proper
<serial_number> and <server_address>.
<serial> is taken from /ofw in case of XOs (static serial machines) or from
/desktop/sugar/soas_serial schema variable.
<server_address> is taken from /desktop/sugar/backup_url schema variable.

Hence we set the appropriate values into /desktop/sugar/soas_serial and
/desktop/sugar/backup_url during registration from schoolserver.py to
ensure ds-backup functionality.