[Sugar-devel] Sugar-Server enhancement

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sun Apr 17 23:59:24 EDT 2016

Jerry,

I apologize for the word absurd. That was emotional. I should have used
the 24 hour rule.

The backup capability is limited to the XO since it is based on its
serial-number. If may become applicable to SOAS by providing a generated
serial-number for non-XO platforms.

"Please tell me that this is not being deployed, and you are just
comparing old versions."

My point was only to show that ds_backup has been a part of Sugar since
before SugarLabs, but yes it is being deployed.

Of course, I am free to 'roll' my own images. However, I use what I have
from Sugarlabs (currently 13.2.5), adding capabilities that I believe
are needed by deployments. This same process applies to xsce (currently
xsce6) as well.

Tony