[Sugar-devel] The future of Sugar on XO-1s {Windows}

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri Apr 15 22:32:32 EDT 2016

I gather there is a lot of skepticism about Microsoft's announcement.

I was intrigued by the marketing opportunity to show potential sponsors
of deployments that they can run Sugar on their laptop as a Microsoft
program. As I understood the announcement, it should be possible to set
up a normal Windows 'shortcut' that would run Sugar directly from an
installed Ubuntu version.

I suppose at some level of abstraction, Sugar could be viewed as a gtk-3
app.

What would be interesting is for someone to make a version of Sugar that
installs and runs as a Windows program as WUBI used to do for Ubuntu.

Tony