[Sugar-devel] WebKit2 Browse - Download and Test

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Apr 14 16:22:48 EDT 2016

Thanks Sam, this is looking quite good.

Can the default font size be increased slightly?  In a side-by-side
test, between Browse-157.3 and Browse-158, the size has reduced
slightly.  Let me know if you want screenshots.

I've tested it on the upcoming Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial) amd64, using
two methods of assembly;

1.  download WebKit2 Gtk3 v2.12.0 binary packages from Debian
Experimental (Sid), then install them on Xenial, or;

2.  rebuild the source packages from Sid on a Xenial build host, then
install the packages on a Xenial target host.

The latter is more scalable and distributable, so that's how I'm going
long term.

WebKit2 sure takes a long time to build.  ;-)

I've noted the missing "Save page as pdf" feature, but it doesn't
block my release as far as I'm concerned.

There's a keep error if an old Browse journal object is used, but
again, doesn't block my release.

The PDF viewing experience is good.

Have you a test case for the web inspector button?  I'm not sure how
to use it yet.

The drag to new tab button works well.  Feedback would be nice; the
cursor doesn't indicate drag in progress.

Overall, Browse-158 is in very good nick.

James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/