[Sugar-devel] Sugar Developer Group

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Mon Apr 11 21:09:20 EDT 2016

Hi,

There is certainly no lack of things to do. As you may be aware, a major
effort is underway to port Sugar activities from Python to Javascript in
anticipation
of offering them in an Android environment. There are certainly many new
activities in either Python or Javascript (or both) which could be done.
In the area of Sugar activities, there is another effort to port Python
Sugar activities from GTK to GTK+3.

One specific area of interest is collaboration. Our current technique is
being deprecated and so some work is needed to re-implement activities
using a collab-wrap which provides a simpler api for activities which
support collaboration.

As volunteers, in the end,  you should tackle what interests you.
Personally, I would like to see more effort on new development; however,
it is hard to deny the need for porting.

Tony