[Sugar-devel] [UKids] Re: The future of Sugar on XO-1s

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Sun Apr 10 22:05:42 EDT 2016

On Apr 10, 2016 9:37 PM, "Dave Crossland" <dave at lab6.com> wrote:

> On 10 April 2016 at 20:35, Adam Holt <holt at laptop.org> wrote:
>>
>> Just imagine if OLPC had not chosen to run off with $40 Millon in
community-driven revenue

> I don't understand this. What are you referring to? :)

Give1Get1 revenues were approximately $40 Million.  A listening
organization could have (and would have) taken a portion of that
surprisingly clairvoyant learning moment into its soul, divining its
community purpise, rather than banking it.

Nobody's saying the road less traveled would have been cake (I hope) as
many of the same Technocracy First / Human Education Later mistakes were
bound to happen, as we can see today in Wikipedia's leadership power
vacuum, some of us never learn naturally :)
http://mollywhite.net/wikimedia-timeline/

But 8 years later, Tony Anderson is 100% correct: an entirely different
road was right there in front of us, if we'd chosen to deliberate together,
in a united voice...

--
Unsung Heroes of OLPC, interviewed live @ http://unleashkids.org !