[Sugar-devel] Usage metrics

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Apr 3 22:06:57 EDT 2016

On Sun, Apr 03, 2016 at 09:57:41PM -0400, Dave Crossland wrote:
> On 3 April 2016 at 21:04, Walter Bender <[1]walter.bender at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     On Sun, Apr 3, 2016 at 9:00 PM, Dave Crossland <[2]dave at lab6.com> wrote:
>

>         On 3 April 2016 at 20:19, Walter Bender <[3]walter.bender at gmail.com>
>         wrote:
>
>             FWIW, Endless is shipping some Sugar activities :)
>
>         Awesome!
>
>         Endless seems extremely aligned with Sugar :)
>
>         I'm curious though; how do they ship on some activities, not the whole
>         desktop?
>
>     They are shipping Turtle Blocks, which will run in GNOME as well as the
>     Sugar Desktop. Not sure what other activities they ship, but most of the
>     ones I write, I try to make work that way.
>
> Aha, right - makes sense :)
>
> I saw in the developer docs that making the program run standalone is
> recommended first, then integrating the Sugar library classes.
>
> This might also be a good thing to track in the ASLO manifests, so I filed an
> issue on https://bugs.sugarlabs.org :)

Aw, what a pity.  Adding a ticket means "I'm stopping on this problem
now."  Get back on the roll.  ;-)

It means testing each activity that it can be run standalone, and if
so add the field to activity.info file.

p.s. your ticket isn't visible on bugs.sugarlabs.org!

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.netrek.org/