[Sugar-devel] The future of Sugar on XO-1s

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri Apr 1 00:09:07 EDT 2016

Hi, Dave

My vague recollection is that over 80% of all XOs built are XO-1 models.
I have one with 0.82 installed and somehow have become reluctant
to upgrade. It is often valuable to compare how we are doing things now
with the status then. In addition, an overwhelming number of deployed
XO-1s are still using that release.

One valuable option is to install Sugar on an SD card
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Release_notes/13.2.7). This gives the best of
both worlds. You
can boot 0.82 or install the sd card and boot 13.2.7. The sd card should
provide 4-8GB (compared with the base 1GB). I use 8GB because the price
per GB is favorable to the 4GB cards.

Tony