[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Background selection in Journal

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Sep 28 20:42:49 EDT 2015

I've tested your branch, thanks.

Yes, I see the problem; you've hit the modal dialogs.  A modal dialog
is a window that forces the keyboard and mouse to the window only.

What you are trying to do is open a new window on top of the control
panel.  I've tried this with software update, and it doesn't work.

The control panel was changed to be modal a long time ago.

If you can't use the object chooser, then change the background
control panel to show images from four sources; Journal, Documents,
mounted media, and system.  At the moment it only shows system
and Documents backgrounds, see BACKGROUNDS_DIRS.