[Sugar-devel] Bug 1240354 - SoaS live x86_64 20150706 does not login from live system user

Jerry Vonau me at jvonau.ca
Wed Sep 9 13:05:53 EDT 2015

> On September 8, 2015 at 6:55 PM Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >> So to briefly restate.
> >>
> >> Problem: Sugar does not start on F23.
> >>
> >> Diagnosis: the shared library libsugarext.so.0 cannot be loaded,
> >> because of a missing symbol, yet the symbol can be found with
> >> strings(1).
> >>
> >> Workaround #1: use F22 packages.
> >>
> >> Workaround #2: use Martin's packages which were a rebuild of
> >> sugar-toolkit-gtk3 with .spec file change
> >>
> >>         %undefine _hardened_build
> >

> > Yes, and both workarounds have in common that sugar-toolkit-gtk3 is
> > built
> > without _hardened_build (by default on fc22 and explicitly on my
> > modified
> > fc23 package).
>
> So this work around is now in updates-testing. It works for me with
> basic testing, I've checked that the vast majority of Activities at
> least run. We should have the update pulled into the next test
> compose.

Confirmed for F23, boot TC4 with systemd.unit=runlevel3.target, login as
liveuser, "sudo dnf --enablerepo=updates-testing update
sugar-toolkit-gtk3",
"sudo systemctl isolate runlevel5.target" results in Sugar loading.

However booting Fedora-Live-SoaS-x86_64-rawhide-20150909.iso[1] that has
the updated rpm[2] results in a gray background after the intro screens.
Not sure if that is sugar or rawhide related, I'll try rawhide again in a
week or so.

Jerry

1. http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=11015589
2.