[Sugar-devel] Bug 1240354 - SoaS live x86_64 20150706 does not login from live system user

Jerry Vonau me at jvonau.ca
Sat Sep 5 15:29:28 EDT 2015

> On September 5, 2015 at 10:21 AM Martin Abente
> <martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> On Fri, Sep 4, 2015 at 7:01 PM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>
> > So to briefly restate.
> >
> > Problem: Sugar does not start on F23.
> >
> > Diagnosis: the shared library libsugarext.so.0 cannot be loaded,
> > because of a missing symbol, yet the symbol can be found with
> > strings(1).
> >
> > Workaround #1: use F22 packages.
> >
> > Workaround #2: use Martin's packages which were a rebuild of
> > sugar-toolkit-gtk3 with .spec file change
> >
> >         %undefine _hardened_build
> >

> Yes, and both workarounds have in common that sugar-toolkit-gtk3 is built
> without _hardened_build (by default on fc22 and explicitly on my modified
> fc23 package).
>

> > As this was a Fedora change, I think we need some advice on
> > compatibility with Fedora build hardening.

In any hardened builds build.log I can see

libtool: link: gcc -o /builddir/build/BUILD/sugar-toolkit-gtk3-0.106.0
-pthread
<snipped for email>
g-ir-scanner: SugarExt: warning: 2 warnings suppressed (use --warn-all to
see them)
/usr/bin/g-ir-compiler --includedir=../../src/sugar3/event-controller
--includedir=. SugarExt-1.0.gir -o SugarExt-1.0.typelib

Any idea on how to supply --warn-all to the g-ir-scanner call? This warning
is absent from non-hardened builds.

Jerry