[Sugar-devel] Bug 1240354 - SoaS live x86_64 20150706 does not login from live system user

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Sep 4 19:01:31 EDT 2015

So to briefly restate.

Problem: Sugar does not start on F23.

Diagnosis: the shared library libsugarext.so.0 cannot be loaded,
because of a missing symbol, yet the symbol can be found with
strings(1).

Workaround #1: use F22 packages.

Workaround #2: use Martin's packages which were a rebuild of
sugar-toolkit-gtk3 with .spec file change

	%undefine _hardened_build

As this was a Fedora change, I think we need some advice on
compatibility with Fedora build hardening.  We don't see the same
thing with the build hardening on Debian or Ubuntu yet.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/