[Sugar-devel] dbus exception

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Wed Sep 2 06:26:43 EDT 2015

Hi Tony,
Could you attach log files and link to the activity version you are using?
The information provided is not enough to guess what is happening
"DBusException('Did not receive a reply, ...)." means the datastore is not
replying,
(or is taking a too log time) but why that is happening is not clear.

Gonzalo

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 5:27 AM, Tony Anderson <tony_anderson at usa.net> wrote:

> Another problem. The Quiz activity crashes in various ways. On some
> occasions, it completes normally.
> The log shows no error messages. However, it reports in some cases
> terminated with  signal 6 or signal 11.
>
> Using try, I was able to narrow it down to a datastore.get. The exception
> is 'dbus.exceptions.DBusException'>,
> DBusException('Did not receive a reply, ...).
>
> I assume the lack of error messages relates to the same
> problem, the error occurs in a different process.
>
> I have also seen an isolated (preceded and followed by unrelated messages
> from the activity) message in the log:
>
> Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation fault
>
> In this case, the log reported a signal 6.
>
> Tony

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software [for | by] children learning