[Sugar-devel] Help - XO wallpaper

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri Oct 16 15:49:06 EDT 2015

G'day Jennifer,

Yes, both can be set, but you need to be on a recent version of
Sugar.  I recommend 13.2.5 for XO laptops, as it has 0.106 of Sugar.

The background is set either in the control panel, or using a
configuration setting when making the image.

The startup image can be set when making the image, details are in the
OSBuilder page on the OLPC Wiki.

On Fri, Oct 16, 2015 at 12:21:34PM -0400, Jennifer Martino wrote:
> Hello long lost friends. Hope you are well.
>
> Just a small perhaps silly question from OLPC Canada - is there any way to set
> a wallpaper image for the XO on the sugar side? I might be dreaming here but if
> anyone knows I'm guessing it's someone on this list.
>
> If it's possible to set an image in the xo startup script so that it pops up
> before sugar opens, perhaps instead of the loading frame, that would be really
> cool too... just some food for thought
>
> Thanks everyone
>
> Jennifer Martino
>
> Inline image 1