[Sugar-devel] AbiWord 3.next release plans

Sam P. sam at sam.today
Tue Nov 24 05:27:18 EST 2015

Hi Hubert,

I cloned the abiword repository (r35148) and built abiword with the
following options:

    ./configure --enable-collab-backend-sugar --enable-plugins="collab"

This triggers no compilation errors, only deprecation warnings about Gtk.
The gtk deprecations are from the zebra striping
(gtk_tree_view_set_rules_hint), which has been removed from gtk so it
doesn't want that hint any more.  (Removing the zebra striping needed like
a massive announcement, but it didn't seem to get any).  You can remove
those 2 calls to gtk_tree_view_set_rules_hint in the collab code and it
still runs fine.

Only the "service" backend depends on GNU tls.  I believe that this is the
abicollab.net backend, but I'm not sure.

This seems to indicate that the sugar backend is ok for now, and that's the
backed that bothers me.

Thanks,
Sam