[Sugar-devel] ./osbuild shell not valid command

Jerry Vonau me at jvonau.ca
Tue Nov 24 03:07:18 EST 2015

Sam/others who might chime in.

There has to be a better way than that, in the past there was automatic
testing that replied on COPR(a web based rpm build system for Fedora)
building the rpms. What is missing from git for packaging is a rpm spec.in
for Fedora and whatever Debain uses that could be set via the Makefile,
officially blessed by SugarLabs for other developers. Fedora has their spec
file under git control for their release purposes, same holds true at OLPC
where rpms are created for the XO's use but there is no reason not to have
the packaging files freely available anyway, with that in place generating
rpm out of git becomes so much easier. This will greatly help with testing
as then anybody can now point COPR at their own git repo to generate a
snapshot and build the rpms to test without having to roll the source rpm
first. All you need to do is dnf enable your own copr repo and dnf update
and test away like how I tested the issues with F23. Now making things
easier for everybody should help trying to make sugar better, that is the
objective right? It opens the possibility that someone can resurrect the
automatic test suite that was in place in the past working again.

Jerry