[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [Marketing] New Fedora Spins Site

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Wed May 20 10:48:34 EDT 2015

On Wed, May 20, 2015 at 2:52 PM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks Peter, I was watching that too.
>
> If I understand correctly switching/changing the sections or adding an
> Activity is beyond tweaks? while text changes are tweaks.

We need to stop somewhere and say "Yes, this is good enough" and I
really don't have the time to deal with more updates. It's easy to
keep changing the room around when you don't have to do the work.

Feel free to suggest changes, but don't be offended if they don't happen :)

There were some Activities that were being suggested that we don't
even have packaged in Fedora eg here is Develop, I'd never even heard
of that. Ultimately the people making suggestions should actually
download and see what is there on what we ship :-)

> I'm quite happy with it, even though there are lots of changes we suggested
> which aren't in.
>
> I feel the only tweak still to make is to add under the Journal:
> The Journal provides an interface into a datastore of everything you've
> created in Sugar. Bookmarking and commenting tools integrate with the
> Journal to allow parents and teachers to review a child's learning progress.
>
> The Journal is central to the Sugar experience and we rightly call it out in
> the Intro, but I feel the description under it is too brief.

I've pushed that change in.

> Thanks again for making all this happen.

No problems, I think both the actual SoaS 22 and the new site look
really good together!