[Sugar-devel] [IAEP] [Marketing] New Fedora Spins Site

Iain Brown Douglas iain at browndouglas.plus.com
Tue May 19 09:53:58 EDT 2015

On Tue, 2015-05-19 at 13:30 +0100, Peter Robinson wrote:
> On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 12:37 PM, Sam P. <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Peter,
> >
> > On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 9:01 PM Peter Robinson <pbrobinson at gmail.com> wrote:

> >> You're memory is wrong! It uses gstreamer and there a number of free
> >> codecs that come as standard.
Thanks, Peter, for the correction.

So as a heading, ==Multimedia== containing Jukebox, Record, Imageviewer
you feel should remain?

> Maybe you could download SoaS 22 and
> >> actually test it and see what's there!

> >> Not going to happen. This isn't time for bikeshedding, it's time for
> >> tweaking the content as it stands.
> >

> > Talking about the headers is not bikeshedding.  The headers on the page are
> > not very relevant to an education focused desktop environment - they are
> > headers for a traditional dekstop environment.
>
> I was talking about "Multimedia as it stands should be deleted" so I
> have no idea why you're talking about the header names. I have stated
> before the header names need to be updated. I'm still awaiting what
> they should be updated to.

... awaiting?

        Understanding and creating content
        Learning by doing
        Getting technical
        Exploring the wider world
        Multimedia
        Reflection on what you've learned

is from earlier contributions and both my attachments to this thread.

Multimedia, perhaps, just jars a little with the other more directive
headings.

Iain