[Sugar-devel] Introduction to the list

Michaël Ohayon mohayon75 at gmail.com
Mon May 11 17:54:14 EDT 2015

Yes, I'll add an option to enable using just a folder, it will be better
that way.

I'm running this under ArchLinux.

The docker-io is the correct package, the another one is something not
related at all. It's a dock applet systray program : https://fedorahosted
.org/fpc/ticket/341
Many distros are getting into this naming problem.

So, you should remove docker and get docker-io.
I think that the docker service will start automatically.

This docker recipe should work across distributions as I didn't used
specific items.

I forgot to tell it but docker will only run on amd64 machines.

The first time you'll run the script, docker will fetch the sugar image
I've built. It's around 500mb, the source code used is in the Dockerfile
located inside the github repo.
It will be cached and the next launches will be almost instant.

--
Michaël Ohayon
Manager de l'Innovation Cloud et Mobilité

> Maybe point to  directory where you have installed your activities?
> Or take it from a env variable.
>
> A few questions:
> What is your testing environment?
> I am looking at how to install docker in Fedora, and have different
instructions
> depending on the version https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docker
> I am using F21, should I remove docker and install docker-io?
>
> What about other distributions? The docker recipe works across distros
> or we need a different recipe for everyone?
>
> Gonzalo
>
> Gonzalo
>
> On Mon, May 11, 2015 at 6:35 PM, Michaël Ohayon <mohayon75 at gmail.com>
wrote:

>> Hi !
>>
>> I've updated the script.
>> You can now start a sugar environment and provide activities folders !
>>
>> https://github.com/mikklfr/docker-sugar
>>
>> I've got two activities folders which I want to test : 2048.activity and
Valorar.activity.

>> I can run sugar and provide those activities by running the script like
this :

>> $>sh run.sh 2048.activity Valorar.activity
>>
>> Sugar shows up and activities are available in the list.
>>
>> You can edit the scripts from the host, they are synced with the docker
container.

>> Maybe you have some specific topics I could look into to get something
useful for your needs ?

>> --
>> Michaël Ohayon
>> Manager de l'Innovation Cloud et Mobilité
>> Epitech Innovation Hub

>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've just setup something to run sugar with docker.
>>>
>>> It will work on GNU/Linux only with X11 and pulseaudio.
>>>
>>> I've published it on the docker registry and github.
>>>
>>> - https://github.com/mikklfr/docker-sugar
>>> - The docker image is mikkl/sugar
>>>
>>> It's kind of a poc for now.
>>> I'll setup a script to test an activity asap.
>>>
>>> If you want to test it :
>>>
>>> - Download and start docker service
>>> - Run the .sh script : https://github.com/mikklfr
/docker-sugar/blob/master/run.sh

>>> I'll give updates :)
>>>

>>> --
>>> Michaël Ohayon
>>> Manager de l'Innovation Cloud et Mobilité
>>> Epitech Innovation Hub

refer to it as a very light vm focused on a specific task.

can rollback at any time and launch specific snapshots.

install for every OS or if you don't want to install every
lib/framework/etc in your OS just for some testing.
Docker Swarm and Docker Compose

Sugarizer and Sugar containers (with graphical support for the Sugar one).

of some essential apps for the web version of Sugar.

.org/go/Summer_of_Code/2015/mohayon.SugarWebBasicActivitySet