[Sugar-devel] Testing alias

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed May 6 13:46:31 EDT 2015

On Wed, May 6, 2015 at 1:37 PM, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
wrote:

>  I'm glad SLOBs is able to vote over email. I haven't seen that in a while.
> Welcome samson. We'll include you in our dialogue about elections and
> members, and add you again to the email alias. In response to Walter, and
> Adam below that:
>

> On 06/05/15 12:02, Walter Bender wrote:
>

>      > I am not sure what passage you are referring to, but I can assure
>>> you that it was never the intention of the oversight committee to
>>> micro-manage. In any case, I'll ask the committee, CC'd here, to vote on
>>> Samson's membership to the membership committee and we can perhaps discuss
>>> how to get us out of the micromanagement business at the June meeting.
>>>  >

> I find this paragraph confusing. You ask, and cc the committee to vote,
> but then SLOBs vote, which then you accept as valid. I accept as valid as
> well, but, nevertheless, I'm not sure this was your intention.

My intention was to cut through the red tape and get Samson onto the
committee. I don't believe the vote was necessary, but since you were
insistent that our by laws required it, I proceeded down that path. I hope
to clear up any ambiguity in our by laws at the next meeting (1 June).

--
Walter Bender
Sugar Labshttp://www.sugarlabs.org