[Sugar-devel] Testing alias

Adam Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed May 6 12:40:18 EDT 2015

+1 to Samson Goddy even if the Nigerian govt did not allow me to meet him
during my less than 48hrs in country February (due to a more famous
Goodluck/Badluck election ;)

The following page says the Membership and Elections Committee can be
emailed via "elections at sugarlabs.org" :
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Governance/Membership

Is this still true?

sebastian at fuentelibre.org> wrote:

>> Hi Walter, Membership Committee is not a Team. It is a committee, and it
needs vetting by SLOBs according to the Governance page. Neither you or I
have the authority to accept samsongoddy, as I read it.

> I am not sure what passage you are referring to, but I can assure you
that it was never the intention of the oversight committee to micro-manage.
In any case, I'll ask the committee, CC'd here, to vote on Samson's
membership to the membership committee and we can perhaps discuss how to
get us out of the micromanagement business at the June meeting.

> SLOB members, please let me know your vote re allowing Samson to join the
membership committee. For those of you who don't know Samson, he is an
active member of the community who has contributed some activities, e.g.,
[1] organized the Igbo translation team, and contributes often to the SL
Facebook page. He was also a participant in Google Code-in 2014.

> regards.
>
> -walter
>
> [1] http://activities.sugarlabs.org/en-US/sugar/addon/4758
>

>> Regards,
>> Sebastian
>>

>> On 06/05/15 09:13, Walter Bender wrote:
>>>
>>> I did not realize that all volunteers on the teams need vetting by
SLOB.  If so it is a bad precident.

one of the committee members. About "spykidacutez at outlook.com", is a
volunteer in Sugar Labs and also his in my Sugar Labs team in Nigeria,
which Walter know of.

Labs. Nice to meet you. I was not aware of any other active members
appointed by SLOBs. (And I did ask). Was your appointment announced
sometime publicly?

committee, that i don't understand. Is there any way i shouldn't be in the
membership committee?

volunteered to the committee because there had been 2 years without
elections and never have there been a survey to keep the membership list
current. These are the main responsibilities of the Election and Membership
committee. We'd be glad to have you. In short, do this:     - Read the
governance / membership committee pages     - Write to SLOBS requesting to
be a member     - Wait for a vote For us (Caryl and me), it took almost 2
months to be confirmed, official member of election committee. However, in
that opportunity, SLOBS voted that they would solicit help from young
members so maybe they will be more expedite for you. Thanks and good luck!
Sebastian