[Sugar-devel] Browse version using Webkit2

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Fri May 1 06:33:19 EDT 2015

On Fri, May 01, 2015 at 12:21:31PM +1000, James Cameron wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 10:34:34AM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> > I was trying to find a solution for the problem of Browse in XO-1.
>
> There are two problems being tracked for Browse on XO-1 now:
>
> - #12866 rectangles instead of letters on the tab label, with an error
>   reported in logs, and also causes the page rendering to stop,

I may have a fix for this!  But I don't know exactly where the fix is,
so some more work is needed to find out.

I made sure I could reproduce this problem, then did a "yum update" on
an XO-1 running from SD card.  Came back a long time later, rebooted
it, and now the problem doesn't happen.

> - #12863 activity stops, with segmentation fault or illegal
>   instruction, caused by SSE instruction while processing JavaScript,
>   on google.com or youtube.com, was fixed on 14.1.0 by rebuilding
>   webkitgtk3 without JIT,

Nor does this one, but could be wrong phase of moon.

Could someone else please reproduce my observations?

--

Output from "rpm -qa | sort" is here:

	http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/z/1Yo89M.txt

Changes by the upgrade are:

	http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/z/1Yo84d.txt

Possibly interesting changes are to cairo, pango, freetype, glibc,
gnu-free-fonts-common, gnu-free-sans-fonts, and xorg-x11-drv-geode.

Irony: George Hunt recently wondered why I hadn't adopted all the
Fedora 18 updates in my builds.  Had I done this, the problem may have
been solved by now.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/