[Sugar-devel] who mantains sugar-build?

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Sat Mar 28 15:03:47 EDT 2015

On Thu, Mar 26, 2015 at 6:58 PM, Sebastian Silva <sebastian at fuentelibre.org>
wrote:

> Hi,
> I miss Daniel Narvaez's contributions. Like a comet, he shone some light
> on us, and flew by. I don't know where he went, and I wish him well
> wherever he is.
>
> I tried reaching him directly but got no answer some days ago.
>
> Has anyone taken over mantainership of sugar-build?

Martin Abente (tch) and I inherited maintainership, but didn't any changes
really.

It used to be the case that sugar-build had some support built in for
> non-fedora distros but currently it defaults to making a "broot" fedora
> environment.
>
> I would like to help revert this situation, hopefully with the help of
> the sugar-build mantainer if there is one.

I think is a good idea, any help in that aspect is welcomed.
We need find a way to make the two options (with and without broot)
work, but the broot option should not be the default.

> I also find very interesting that there is some code in there for doing
> some automated testing using the accesiblity framework. I find this to
> be very interesting work as well, but I don't know it's current status.

There are two parts here, and both need work.
We used to have a build server, triggered by github hooks.
Then, with every proposed change (pull request) in github,
we had a confirmation about if something was broken.
That build server stopped working, I didn't found information,
and disabled the hooks in github.
That build server should run this test too, because I remember at least one
time where errors were identified by the server.
Would be good have that working.

Gonzalo