[Sugar-devel] GSoC projects

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 06:37:19 EDT 2015

Yes, of course, which is why my idea was to get assistance. To be clear,
I'm in favor of whatever solution could ease installation. Choosing a
keyboard layout from scratch can be quite tricky for the uninitiated, the
Virtualbox list is long with many variants (
https://straymarcs.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/8.-select-keyboard.png)
although an autodetect button is available. If the teacher or journalist
has to configure language and keyboard a second time when booting the VM as
you mention, that qualifies as jumping through hoops. My goal was to work
with Oracle on a bundled installer+VM executable (which requires a matrix
by host OS in any case) to make the install as seamless as possible. I cite
Firefox because they propose a pancake button installer by probing the
website client (or analyzing the user agent, or whatever they do), with the
full matrix only 1 click away.

Sean