[Sugar-devel] Git Backend Architecture | GSoC'15

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sat Mar 21 04:44:26 EDT 2015

Hi,

One note of caution. Currently when a Sugar activity resumes from a
Journal object, the activity operates on that object. Therefore, the source
version is destroyed. I think this is not a feature - the activity
should clone the object and give the user the opportunity to rename to
save a new version.
I don't understand the need for git, the Journal is intended to give the
reflective look back within the Sugar interface guidelines.

Currently, the Journal backup is rsync on the datastore. Any design with
git would need to make sure the git versions are also backed up and
restored.

Tony