[Sugar-devel] GSoC projects

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 13:26:34 EDT 2015

No the license was fine last time i checked - look at the section
concerning nonprofit/educational use. Our plan had been to bundle Sugar
prebuilt images with the Virtualbox installer.

The real issue is the extensions which are separate from the installer for
licensing reasons and must be loaded separately. The extensions may be
vital for connectivity.

My idea at the time was to approach Oracle for corporate sponsorship of
Virtualbox images, in particular hosting a workflow to automate prebuilt
images by host language/keyboard, however some community members were
aghast at the idea.

I myself have used Sugar in VirtualBox at presentations and conferences,
hassle free screen/sound/internet connectivity and full screen (Macbook),
while I hold/pass around an XO.

Sean