[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2015 : Music Blocks

Yash Khandelwal yk51294 at yahoo.in
Thu Mar 12 08:43:30 EDT 2015

Thanks James for liking it. In my previous mockup, for the same melody, the pitch and time signature blocks can be placed in play block itself. Also, 'Re' inside the loop strike the note for four times ( in Hot Cross Buns Melody example). The idea was very primitive, to improve upon it I came up with how user will define notes shorter than the unit time. This is how it goes, there can be a block for each standard bar, and inside that block we can put the notes(as action blocks). This can meet up our requirement, shown in the mockup 2 link.  So, the number of notes inside a bar block, can be automatically played according to their note value (For example: If time signature is two four time then the Mi and Re present in a bar block inside the chunk will be both quarter notes). Also, in regard of moving from monophony to polyphony, I think it can be done using web audio API, by creating multiple oscillators and amplifiers. I found the following links useful :
Playing notes with the Web Audio API Part 2 - Polyphonic Synthesis – Chris Lowishttp://www.schools.utah.gov/CURR/fineart/Elementary/Songbook/Music/HotCrossBuns.aspxMockup 2 link : Imgur
|   |
| ImgurThe Internet's visual storytelling community. Explore, share, and discuss the best visual stories the Internet has to offer. |
|  |
| View on imgur.com | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Thank YouYash Khandelwal