[Sugar-devel] GSoC 2015: Interactive JavaScript Shell

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sun Mar 8 20:32:27 EDT 2015

Hi,

At the moment I am the mentor in mentors. Your understanding of the
project matches mine. One thing we need to be careful about is fair use
of the materials such as jsfiddle and and Code Academy. These sites do
permit them to be used online, but do not authorize rehosting on a local
server or redistributing to others.

Fair use, as far as I know, permits implementing a capability like
jsfiddle independently and creating a javascript course that covers the
same topics as Code Academy. Fortunately there are a number of free
Javascript courses on the internet which could be used as a starting point.

Recent versions of Sugar have a Browse Activity which is based on
Webkit. Whatever we do should work in that environment.

Your focus should be on the interactive js tool. The underlying
javascript course could be used primarily to test the capabilities of
the tool to
handle those features.

Tony