[Sugar-devel] Community OS 14.1.0 Version 2

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Sun Mar 8 04:57:04 EDT 2015

On Sat, Mar 07, 2015 at 07:47:16AM +0000, tkkang at nurturingasia.com wrote:
> Things seems normal to me.

You mean the language control panel?

> For the XO-1 wireless and mesh in not working well. I have been only
> been able to login to my non-password wireless network ystem and
> other XO do not showup in the network when I am sucessfully
> connected.

No comment on mesh.

No comment on secured networks.

The other laptop buddy icons not appearing is probably a known
problem, to verify type:

    sudo systemctl status avahi-daemon.service

and look for error SO_REUSEPORT failed: Protocol not available.

If this message is shown, the cause of missing icons is failure to
start the avahi daemon, because kernel lacks critical feature.  The
fix is already applied for XO-4 and XO-1.75 kernels; patch series
with "soreuseport" in the patch name.  This patch series has to be
backported to the branch being used for the XO-1 and XO-1.5, then new
kernel RPMs built and uploaded.

> This confirm Samuel report of issue of networking in XO-1 on the new
> build. Hope this can be fixed.

No, I think your test goes beyond what Samuel was talking about.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/