[Sugar-devel] Sucrose 0.104.0: XO Update procedure

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Mar 5 01:00:55 EST 2015

On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 08:31:55PM +1100, James Cameron wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2015 at 04:36:09AM +0000, tkkang at nurturingasia.com wrote:
> >
> >  If possible I would like to test 0.104 in the field...What would be
> >  the easiest upgrade procedures? I read the
> >   http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.104/Notes
> >
> > I am using OS 13.2.1 and upgrade to Sugar 0.104 will be fine.
>
> http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/f18-sugar-0.104/ are Sugar 0.104 packages
> built with Fedora 18 for XO-1.75 and XO-4 only.

This collection has been extended to XO-1 and XO-1.5, and then moved
to the OLPC dropbox for Fedora 18 development builds:

http://rpmdropbox.laptop.org/f18/

> For the sugar-toolkit-gtk3 package the libwebkit2gtk dependency was
> removed, because the package isn't available on Fedora 18.  This
> probably breaks web activities.

Gonzalo suggests this won't break them.  I'm interested in knowing how
to test that.

> I've not tested these packages beyond installing them and starting
> Sugar.  The font size seems larger.  The nickname is wrong.

Fixed if one uses olpc-os-builder instead of applying the packages to
13.2.1 or earlier.

(The font sizes and so forth are set by the builder, not by the Sugar
packages.)

> To do it right would probably require backporting the Sugar 0.102
> and 0.103 changes made in olpc-os-builder branch master, into a
> branch based on v7.0.

This is done; now we have a builder that can combine Fedora 18 with
Sugar 0.104.  See the 13.2.3-proposed branch in my olpc-os-builder
repository, at

git://dev.laptop.org/users/quozl/olpc-os-builder
http://dev.laptop.org/git/users/quozl/olpc-os-builder/log/?h=13.2.3-proposed

I chose an activity group based on the group that is to be in 14.1.0,
since these are all recent releases through ASLO.

I've made a build for XO-1.5 and tested each activity, and everything
works.  I've not tested XO-1, XO-1.75 or XO-4.

A build for XO-1 with SD card might be interesting to people still
using XO-1 in the field.

--
James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/