[Sugar-devel] GSOC 2015 Contribution

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Wed Mar 4 14:48:46 EST 2015

Please try the Python version (you can run it in Sugar or in the GNOME
desktop). Note that you can design your own abacus. Better exposing
that idea in the JS version is critical. A graphics design refresh
would also be nice.

-walter

On Wed, Mar 4, 2015 at 2:02 AM, Tharindu Kumara
<zonik.hatkumara at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm Tharindu Kumara, an undergraduate student In University of Colombo
> School of Computing Sri lanka.  am interested in participating in Gsoc 2015
> and contributing to sugar labs
>
> I good at JavaScript, Python, Java, C#, HTML5 and CSS3 and also have the
> experience with working JavaScript libraries like JQuery, Angular, Ember and
> so on. And also I have the knowledge on image processing and have worked
> with OpenCV and EmguCV.
>
> I saw this year's project ideas and a project imageviewer Js and Abacus JS
> caught my attention.
>
> Basically, I have no issues with the ImageView idea. I can understand how
> the flow should be.
>
> It would be great, if someone can explain what has to be done porting Abacus
> JS?
>
> Thank You

Walter Bender
Sugar Labs