[Sugar-devel] libflashplayer.so and WebCam issue

Sam P. sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 00:58:37 EDT 2015

Hi,

I doubt that webrtc support (HTML5 camera access api) will come soon.

Firstly, it appears to be a driver issue for Firefox.  Fedora 20 ships with
Firefox 25, and webrtc (getUserMedia) was introduced as early as in Firefox
17.  But Browse does not use Firefox/gecko anymore.

Browse uses WebKitGtk which is does not even support permission requests
for camera.  Epiphany uses WebKitGtk2, which does support camera permission
requests.  However, as of Fedora 23 Rawhide (updated last week), there is
no support for webrtc (aka. actually accessing the camera) in Epiphany
according to my tests.

I have no idea what your flash app is doing, but the path of least
resistance probably involves many hacks on top of Gtk2.  I don't think that
the XO camera works with Gtk3, from memory it is blocking the Gtk3 Record
port.

Thanks,
Sam