[Sugar-devel] libflashplayer.so and WebCam issue

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Thu Jun 11 04:12:45 EDT 2015

Thanks for the testing.  I've done some more testing.

Your new problem where bright pixels are shown as purple:

- only occurs with Flash plugin, so it is unique to the plugin,

- also occurs with Firefox, so it is not a Sugar Browse problem,

- also occurs with the ov7670 camera, so it is independent of camera,

- also occurs with Fedora 18,

- also occurs with and without vMeta and OpenGL support.

The root cause may be a mistake in data conversion of RGB pixel data;
or the alignment of bit fields.

I recommend not using Flash plugin.  It is out of date and has known
security vulnerabilities that will place users at risk.

Yesterday's Fedora 20 kernel with the siv121c RGB support fix is the
same kernel to use on Fedora 18, and can be found in our Fedora 18
rpmdropbox directory:

http://rpmdropbox.laptop.org/f18-xo4/kernel-devel-3.5.7_xo4-20150610.0359.olpc.97336f6.armv7hl.rpm

To use this kernel on Fedora 18, the firmware must be Q7C05, because
the kernel is configured for dual core.

Hope that helps!

--
James Cameron