[Sugar-devel] license of layout.py in Sugar Calculate activity

Jonas Smedegaard dr at jones.dk
Mon Jul 27 04:06:34 EDT 2015

Hi Aneesh,

Quoting Aneesh Dogra (2015-07-27 08:45:11)
> Sorry. I was on a long vacation. Getting back on my emails now. Can I do
> something about this?

If you wrote that code originally, then simply posting an email here
stating e.g. "Suuuure, I am fine that licensing for layout.py file in
the Calculate activity is same as generally for that activity" or "I
hereby license layout.py file in the Calculate activity as GPL version
to or newer."

Such a statement means others can rely on that and a) add licensing to
the upstream code and/or b) add notes about your out-of-band licensing
statement when redistributing e.g. for Debian.

Even better would be - still only if you are the copyright holder - if
you have write access to the upstream git and edit the file to include
licensing statement :-)

Thanks,

 - Jonas