[Sugar-devel] About 0.106.1

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Mon Jul 13 21:21:08 EDT 2015

On the one hand, there's no reason to be protective of the master
branch unless there is some automation that depends on it.

On the other hand, pull requests can wait, and developers can rebase
their pull requests on each other's branches.

Yet another possibility is for a branch to be made for any merge that
must occur before the master merge window opens.

On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 11:06:51AM -0300, Gonzalo Odiard wrote:
> +1 for the meeting.
>
> About not merge until the meeting, some of the changes are just simple bug
> fixes,
> just need review and test.
>
> Gonzalo
>
> On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 11:04 AM, Martin Abente <[1]
> martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     If nothing too serious comes up in the following weeks, there might be no
>     need for that release. Regardless of that, we should definitely meet before
>     start merging changes.
>
>     I have sent an invitation email for this Friday.
>
>     On Mon, Jul 13, 2015 at 8:37 AM, Gonzalo Odiard <[2]godiard at sugarlabs.org>
>     wrote:
>
>         In our schedule [1], we have a possible "Sucrose 0.106.1"
>         with "exceptional bugfixes tarballs & release" planed.
>
>         Can we start to merge changes on master, and later the release manager
>         can cherry-pick the bugfixes needed for 0.106.1?
>
>         I would like to have a development meeting to organize and do some
>         planning.
>         We already have a nice list of pull requests pending review/merging.
>
>         [1] [3]https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.106/Roadmap
>
>         --
>         Gonzalo Odiard
>
>         SugarLabs - Software [for | by] children learning

> Gonzalo Odiard
>
> SugarLabs - Software [for | by] children learning

> [1] mailto:martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com
> [2] mailto:godiard at sugarlabs.org
> [3] https://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/0.106/Roadmap
> [4] mailto:Sugar-devel at lists.sugarlabs.org