[Sugar-devel] Change request: Fix open with API

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Fri Jul 3 05:41:44 EDT 2015

Thanks James and Sam for your replies.

The references to Rainbow Security model are a bit confusing. The
Rainbow model was dropped by the second G1G1 as I recollect. As far as I
can tell, Browse launches child processes (pdfviewer). These typically
are represented in the frame by a grey circle.

I apologize on the argparse issue, I am still with 13.2. I was confused
by the documentation:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Start_activity_from_another_activity

"An activity can start other activity by:

  * knowing the activity ID - starts that specific activity"

I assume that is a typo and bundle_id is meant.

By having sugar-launch pass the -u (uri) and -o (object_id) options, it
is possible now (and possibly since 0.82) to launch an activity by
activity bundle_id either with a Journal object or a file from the
Documents directory (visible in Journal) or a USB key (also visible in
Journal).  I have been using the -o and -u options in sugar-launch for
at least five years. This was discussed when this feature was first
proposed.

In effect, the api added to 106 is simply an alternate way to perform
existing functions.

Tony