[Sugar-devel] [Announcing] unstable 0.103.2 release and API, UI and String freeze.

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 19:25:00 EST 2015

>> On January 16, 2015 at 6:17 AM Martin Abente
>> <martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> Hello everyone,
>>
>> These are the tarballs for the _last_  0.103.x UNSTABLE release, and with
>> this release we reach the API, UI and String freeze [1].
>>
>>    -
>>
>>http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/sucrose/glucose/sugar/sugar-0.103.2.tar.xz
>>    -
>>
>>http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/sucrose/glucose/sugar-toolkit-gtk3/sugar-toolkit-gtk3-0.103.2.tar.xz
>>    -
>>
>>http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/sucrose/glucose/sugar-artwork/sugar-artwork-0.103.2.tar.xz
>>    -
>>
>>http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/sucrose/glucose/sugar-datastore/sugar-datastore-0.103.2.tar.xz
>>    -
>>
>>http://download.sugarlabs.org/sources/sucrose/glucose/sugar-runner/sugar-runner-0.103.2.tar.xz
>>

> To help with testing it would be nice if RPMS based on these versions could
> be made available via Fedora's updates-testing repo (or maybe koji) for
> F20-F21.

We've never pushed new major releases of any sort to a stable Fedora
release as there's too much QA and testing required and no one ever
commits to doing it.

On the plus side I've pushed this to rawhide and people can download a
nightly live image from tomorrow and spin it up on either a USB stick
or their favourite virtual platform and have a self contained test
environment and get it all with little effort.

Peter