[Sugar-devel] Sugar on a Stick, USB-HowTo as an Activity, in Home view.

Thomas Gilliard satellitgo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 26 11:02:25 EST 2015

On 02/26/2015 07:08 AM, Iain Brown Douglas wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have been making a presentation with the instructions and screen shots to make Sugar on a Stick.
>
> I have written up my progress so far on [1] and placed three screen shots here [2] [3] [4].
>
> A previous working title has been Sugar Stick Builder.
>
> I cannot find a one or two word title that fits the job.
>
> I think that my biggest blocker to opening my first github repository and getting this uploaded, is fixing a name.
>
> Can anyone help me to decide the title for this Activity, please?
>
> With thanks in advance.
>
> Iain
>
> [1] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Activities/SoaS_Writer
> [2] http://en.zimagez.com/zimage/soaswriterlaunching1.php
> [3] http://en.zimagez.com/zimage/soaswriterlaunching2.php
> [4] http://en.zimagez.com/zimage/soaswriterat-work.php

It is also possible to just run the command: "liveusb-creator" in root
terminal
after # dnf install liveusb-creator is run.

The new USB-creator will not show the PC harddrive just the USB's as
they are inserted and removed.
It also allows a (dd) overtwrite option [5] or the traditional ability
to set a persistence file.

It would be nice to have a sugar-zed icon for this as a activity. (An
.xo wrapper to make it an activity.)

Tom Gilliard
satellit

[5] http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Fedora_22#liveusb-creator