[Sugar-devel] Merging sugarlabs.org website to new technology

Sam P. sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 16:09:38 EST 2015

Hi Tymon,

It does look clean and modern.  But this is a landing page, it has to
convey the message of sugar.  The websites need a personality to do that.
The bootstrap theme won't do that.

I will implement Sugar colors and random Sugar logo image. Many people like
this idea.

Activity stream also shouldn't be something really hard to implement. I
gonna work on this tomorrow.I can add also embeeded Sugarizer, what is your
opinion which activity should we mainly present?

 IDK... But you don't have to put all that stuff in!  It would probably get
easily overloaded with content then!

I am not sure about videos... I don't have them, recording will take some
time,... Do you have any place where can I find already recorded movies?
Btw your idea to put it inside XO frame is really nice and interesting...

 Maybe you could use GTK-RecordMyDesktop

What is your exact idea about pictures? Should we place them everywhere or
only in gallery? Currently we put ~2 thumbnails with link to gallery on
every one page. Also - any ideas where can I find that kind of photos?

 Pictures can be used as background images for sections of the site.  I
will find an example.

I don't understand your message about consistent with other web proporties,
but I agree you activity-2 website is nice (I embed it in Activities
section if my project).

 Right now every sugar site looks different.  Maybe we could have some
visual clarity.

Thanks,
Sam

Looking forward your reply.

Best,
Tymon

ps sorry I cant sign this message, i dont have gpg on phone