[Sugar-devel] [GSOC 2015] Required Details for Improved Imageviewer

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Feb 18 03:58:02 EST 2015

On Wed, Feb 18, 2015 at 12:26:25PM +0530, Amit Kumar Jha wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> Thanks for your response
>
> 1) By Sharing, I mean sharing the image from the imageviewer
> activity itself and not from journal, maybe by specifically adding a
> button in the toolbar.

No need to add a button, the sharing button is on the standard
toolbar, to the right of the journal entry name.

The button is insensitive though, which means in the current version
sharing is not supported.

Yes, please make it supported.  ;-)

> 2) Yes, the effects would be very much similar to the paint
> activity.

Perhaps this could be a library that both Paint and Image Viewer might
use.

> 3) That's actually a good option, adding Exif support to journal
> metadata would surely serve the purpose.

An activity could read EXIF tags and add metadata to journal, no need
for journal to support EXIF.

> PS  Sorry for the late response
>
> On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Sam P. <[1]sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>     Hi Amit,
>
>     Sounds like an interesting idea!
>
>     Just a few questions to get the conversation started:
>
>     1. What do you mean by sharing?  Sugar already has collaboration (which
>     imageviewer supports from memory) and web services (which operate at a
>     journal level).
>
>     2. Effects would be cool!  Will it be like the effects in paint activity?
>
>     3. Exif support.  IMHO this would fit better with the journal metadata,
>     maybe they could be integrated.  Also, do sugar activities properly add
>     this metadata when they make images?
>
>     Also, I'm not 100% sure what we are doing for GSOC2015... Maybe somebody
>     else knows?
>
>     Thanks,
>     Sam
>
> --