[Sugar-devel] [GSOC 2015] Required Details for Improved Imageviewer

Amit Kumar Jha amitjha1412 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 01:56:25 EST 2015

Hi Sam,

Thanks for your response

1) By Sharing, I mean sharing the image from the imageviewer activity
itself and not from journal, maybe by specifically adding a button in the
toolbar.

2) Yes, the effects would be very much similar to the paint activity.

3) That's actually a good option, adding Exif support to journal metadata
would surely serve the purpose.

PS  Sorry for the late response

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 10:26 AM, Sam P. <sam.parkinson3 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Amit,
>
> Sounds like an interesting idea!
>
> Just a few questions to get the conversation started:
>
> 1. What do you mean by sharing?  Sugar already has collaboration (which
> imageviewer supports from memory) and web services (which operate at a
> journal level).
>
> 2. Effects would be cool!  Will it be like the effects in paint activity?
>
> 3. Exif support.  IMHO this would fit better with the journal metadata,
> maybe they could be integrated.  Also, do sugar activities properly add
> this metadata when they make images?
>
> Also, I'm not 100% sure what we are doing for GSOC2015... Maybe somebody
> else knows?
>
> Thanks,
> Sam

Amit Kumar Jha