[Sugar-devel] Does the XO-duo boot into Sugar as well?

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Tue Feb 17 21:12:27 EST 2015

G'day Mike,

Thanks for your question.

I work for OLPC as an engineering contractor.

One Education is a different organisation to OLPC.  I do not work for
One Education except indirectly through OLPC.

The "XO-duo (Android)" is a product name given by One Education to the
OLPC XO-4 and a software bundle.

The XO-4 shown was manufactured by OLPC and supplied to One Education.
Based on the specifications, it is probably our SKU308 or SKU309.

The XO-4 continues to be manufactured by OLPC, and is available for
order, with minimum quantity restrictions.  Please write to
countries at laptop.org for details.

I have no details about the firmware, software, or security
configuration of the laptop on the One Education page you refer to.
Nor do I know if overseas orders are accepted, nor what the shipping
costs are.

Those questions should be directed to One Education, thanks.

However, in general, an XO-4 can be reflashed to boot either Fedora,
Sugar, Android, or a hybrid dual boot using the O game key.  The
degree of difficulty depends on the security configuration; SKU308 and
SKU309 were manufactured unlocked.

On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 08:22:34PM -0500, Mike Lee wrote:
> This is probably for James Cameron:
>
> With the availability of the XO-duo to all comers, I wanted to see if by chance
> the configuration that is being sold here:
>
> [1]https://one-education.org/shop/xo-duo-2.html
>
> ...can boot into Sugar as well?
>
> If not, can the dual boot Android/Sugar build be flashed on?
>
> I'm particularly interested in continued access to Etoys and Turtle Blocks.
>
> Mike

> [1] https://one-education.org/shop/xo-duo-2.html

James Cameron
http://quozl.linux.org.au/