[Sugar-devel] [Bugs] #4920 Physics HIGH: physics-27 fails to start

Walter Bender walter.bender at gmail.com
Mon Dec 21 06:42:25 EST 2015

I've tested on 32 bit and ARM7 systems. Works for me.

Box2D.py found in lib/[arch]/Box2d.py should have b2QueryCallback, so the
problem is that it is finding a different Box2D.py from somewhere else.
Which is why I suspect syspath. We use syspath in lib/Box2D.py. Can you
look there to see (1) if you are ever executing that file and (2) if so,
what arch is detected. Thx

On Mon, Dec 21, 2015 at 1:02 AM, Sugar Labs Bugs <
bugtracker-noreply at sugarlabs.org> wrote:

> #4920: physics-27 fails to start
> ----------------------+-------------------------------
>   Reporter:  quozl    |            Owner:
>       Type:  defect   |           Status:  new
> Bug Status:  New      |
> ----------------------+-------------------------------
>
> Comment (by quozl):
>
>  http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/sugar-devel/2015-December/051037.html
>
>  My tests have been with 32-bit and 64-bit i386 systems.
>
>  Dumping dir(box2d) immediately after import shows b2QueryCallback is
>  missing.
>  http://dev.laptop.org/~quozl/z/1aAsQ7.txt
>
>  The lib/box2d_32, lib/box2d_64 and lib/box2d_arm7 directories have been
>  generated by different versions of swig.
>
>  I'm not sure how to debug this further.
>
> --
> Ticket URL: <https://bugs.sugarlabs.org/ticket/4920#comment:1>
> Sugar Labs <http://sugarlabs.org/>