[Sugar-devel] Sugar-install-bundle in 13.2.5 is slooow

Tony Anderson tony_anderson at usa.net
Sun Aug 30 01:43:10 EDT 2015

Hi, Sam

The script that installs these activities is run after flashing the
laptop to provide the capabilities needed for the laptop to work with the
school server. The goal is to have each laptop in the deployment with
identical software. In this case, the script finishes by a poweroff
command. This means the laptop will be rebooted. At least in all
previous releases the system registers the activities in the Activities
folder.

However, I am concerned that activities installed from the school server
will also be affected. If so, it may be fixable with a patch to the
Browse activity. Then it may be necessary for the user to reboot to
register the activity. (Sad was the day we lost the three-finger salute!).

Obviously, the best solution is to fix the problem. The above are, at
best, workarounds.

Tony