[Sugar-devel] XO Fedora 22 Beta work

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 25 17:39:25 EDT 2015

>>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/LibinputForXorg
>>> 14.1.0 has custom F20 systemd binaries, but I am having trouble finding
>>> information as to why.  If they have relevant changes they need to be ported
>>> to F22 if not already present because using the F20 systemd binaries breaks
>>> all sorts of library dependencies.
>>>
>>> Patches have been written for the first three that I could submit.
>>>
>>> We need to come up with a clear direction as to what volunteers and/or
>>> OLPC want & would actually use for updated XO builds.  I only have the time
>>> to focus on one set of images.
>>

>> True. I am not sure what is best option here.
>> We still didn't solved all the issues in F20, but is already a old
>> release.
>> I wonder if we can try make images based in CentOS.
>

> George Hunt is having surprisingly rapid success with CentOS 7 for XSCE.
> Its new release (equivalent to RHEL 7.1) is now out...
>
> Wishful Thinking hopes that similar progress might be possible on various XO
> laptops?

Very wishful, most of the server stuff would already be in
CentOS/EPEL, to get the the sugar stack and dependencies in would be a
reasonable chunk of work. The standard packages in Fedora could easily
be branched for EPEL7 and would all be compatible but someone would
need to step up to do the work as I certainly don't have the time or
really interest.

Peter