[Sugar-devel] [Feature] Start an activity from another activity

Gonzalo Odiard godiard at sugarlabs.org
Mon Apr 20 15:53:16 EDT 2015

The activity do not declare a dependency on another activity, and activity
versions
are not contemplated.

The use case is simple, if you download something from the web,
you can open it without pass throw the Journal (the "Show in Journal"
button).
Another candidate is the GetBooks activity.

The feature page describe the proposed solution:

http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Features/Start_activity_from_another_activity

This feature was requested from UY. They said the intermediate step on the
journal
confused users. I have heard that in other places too.

Gonzalo

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 12:03 AM, James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:

> How does an activity declare a dependency on another activity?
> (e.g. activity.info file)
>
> Is the dependency versioned?
> (e.g. depends = Browse >= 157)
>
> Is the dependency rigid or only a suggestion?
> (e.g. suggests = Browse >= 157, vs depends = Browse > 149)
>
> How does a download and install of an activity bundle ensure the
> dependency is satisfied?
>
> How does Software Update to a new version of an activity ensure the
> new dependency is satisfied?
>
> How does List View erase of an activity ensure the recursive cascade
> erasure of the activities that depend on the activity being erased?
>
> --
> James Cameron
> http://quozl.linux.org.au/

Gonzalo Odiard

SugarLabs - Software for children learning