[Sugar-devel] telepathy-gabble and collaboration

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 06:02:05 EDT 2015

On Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 9:32 PM, Martin Abente
<martin.abente.lahaye at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Peter,
>
> A few days ago, I figured out why Sugar collaboration is broken when
> connected to a Jabber server since Fedora 20.
>
> To summarize: since telepathy-gabble 0.17.25, the Tubes API was deprecated
> and removed [1], therefore collaboration is broken in any system with newer
> gabble packages. The long term solution is to switch Sugar to the new APIs
> (StreamTubes, DBusTubes) but there is no estimate of when this can happen.
>
> One workaround is to provide an older package, ie., telepathy-gabble 0.16.
> Is there a way to do this for SOAS?

Not easily and I have no idea what other packages in the telepathy
stack might need to change. Does it affect telepathy-salut too? At the
moment it's probably too late to fix it in Fedora 22 without a chunk
of work that I don't have time for between now and F-22 GA. Has
someone got a patch we can add to sugar* for *Tubes support?