[Sugar-devel] [DESIGN] Sugar for smart devices

Christian Stroetmann stroetmann at ontolab.com
Thu Sep 18 18:00:29 EDT 2014

And here is the answer to the question at the end of the e-mail:
The sketches show the adaption of the GUI of the smartwatch Apple Watch,
specifically the home screen. Not shown in the sketches/mock ups is an
animation of the dynamic scrolling through the icons. How this and the
rest works in the case of the smartwatch can be seen in many related
videos on the internet.

The main driving idea behind this kind of GUI adaption for Sugar on
smart devices is, that if something runs on a smartwatch with a very
small screen, as it must be the case or otherwise such a large company
would have not developed this special GUI, then it runs on a smartphone
and even on a feature phone (smartphone without the smart so to say) as
well.
Said this, it is a possibility or a blueprint for transfering Sugar's 4
zoom levels with their views and contents and also the Sugar activities
as apps on such smaller screens without disturbing too much of the
initial concept and design rules if at all.

With all the best
Christian