[Sugar-devel] Building a customized image of Sugar .100

Jerry Vonau me at jvonau.ca
Wed Sep 3 07:04:21 EDT 2014

Hi James,

> On September 2, 2014 at 10:25 PM James Cameron <quozl at laptop.org> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2014 at 06:17:48PM -0500, Jerry Vonau wrote:
> > What is really handy to have for debugging is a copy of the master
> > kickstart file used at image creation time. This file has the order
> > of the scriptlets that are used in os-builder, and presents a nice
> > play by play of the whole build process. There is a patch to keep it
> > around for inspection[1]
>
> Agreed, very useful.  It exposes private repositories though, so I'm
> none to keen on having the output go to the same directory used for
> publishing the build files.  What do you think?

Don't think that it really matters if one has made the ini file for OOB
public, the same information is available there. I think this file should
be made public in the same way as packages.txt and friends are handled now.
One could always later delete or not upload the build.ks file should one
want to. Not making all the OOB output files public is something less than
full disclosure IMHO and should be avoided.

Jerry